Plantronics Headsets are used widely for business purposes and are known as business headsets. However, the Bluetooth headphones of this brand are also casually used. These Bluetooth feature-packed headphones are affordable and long-lasting. Compared to other brands in the market, Plantronics headphones consist of convenient active features.
Some of these include long battery life, power-saving tools, noise cancellation, and can be connected with various devices. Some of the headphones are also equipped with NFC, which aids in device pairing when there are low latency Bluetooth codecs. The audio reproduction of these sets is quite good. Moreover, the easy-to-use controls given on the ear cups are extremely unique and helpful.
So without further ado, let’s take a look at how these headphones can be made compatible with mobile phones.
1) Types of Plantronics Wireless Headsets
There are three categories of mechanisms for all Plantronics headphones. These include headphones that have only one button for power and call control, headphones that have the sliding on/off switch for control, and then finally headphones that have an on/off button instead of a switch.
The method of pairing mobile phones with all these three categories is different. However, they are all paired with Bluetooth, which is the name of a wireless technology which incorporates radio frequency to send or receive files and data over short distances and connect to wireless headsets as well.
Instructions for pairing Plantronics Wireless Headphones to Android Smartphone
- Charge your headset and turn it on.
- Go to your settings. The app of settings is similar to either slider bars or a gear.
- Click on the first option in the settings, which is ‘Connections.’
- Now click on the second option in the connections menu, which is Bluetooth.
- Enable the pairing mode of your Plantronics headphones. To turn on the pairing mode, see the user manual. Some Plantronics sets have a single button. While others have a combination of buttons, you have to press them to enable the pairing mode.
- Once the wireless headphones are accessible through Bluetooth, click on the top right corner of the Bluetooth menu ‘Scan.’ The scanning process will start searching for the Bluetooth devices around its vicinity. After the Plantronics headphones are found, its name will be visible on the list. In some mobiles, the scan option is also named as ‘Pair new device.’
- Click on the checkbox to allow your phone to access call history and contacts. Not all phones have the option of a checkbox, so do not be alarmed if your mobile does not show this option.
- Click on the name of your headphones to initiate the pairing process. This step will take a few moments. After they have been paired with the Android phone, you are free to use the Plantronics headset with your phone. If you start to attend calls, listen to music, or watch a YouTube video, the audio will start coming from the wireless Plantronics set instead of your phone speakers.
Instructions for Un-Pairing Plantronics Wireless Headphones from Android Devices
- After you are done with using the Bluetooth headphones with your Android phone, and you wish to turn it off, go to the settings menu on the phone.
- Click on the option of Connected devices. This will show you the devices which are paired with Bluetooth, and it will have the name of the Plantronics headset as well.
- Click on the gear icon beside the name of your headset.
- Click on the ‘Forget’ option to unpair the Bluetooth connection. This will disengage the wireless set from the phone.
- If you are selling your Plantronics headset or you are willing to use other earphones, click on the option of ‘Forget device’ to permanently erase the name of the headset from your phone.
It is essential to charge the headset first before connecting it to the mobile. You can also customize the headphones depending on your comfort. Moreover, Amazon Alexa is compatible with the Plantronics Voyager 5200 and Voyager 4200 UC.
2) How to Adjust the Volume Control
All of the wireless Plantronics headphones have volume controls situated at the headset and the charging base. If you wish to adjust the microphone on any wireless headset, then go to the settings on the charging base. Moreover, the most effective microphone position on all the Plantronics headphones is the distance of 1-2 fingers away from the mouth. This amount of distance gives high-quality sound.
Plantronics headsets are compatible with all the latest mobile gadgets of 2020. However, if it is still a bit confusing to you, then search for an accessory that fits the mobile phone and the headset model you have. After purchasing an accessory, it will be quite practical. These mobile headsets are worthy of purchasing. You can buy them at www.findheadsets.com at affordable prices and a good guarantee.